Risk Of Diabetes
At Risk of Developing Diabetes?
What are your risks?
- You’re overweight or have a high Body Mass Index
- You have a large waist (more than 80cm/31.5 inches in women, 94 cm/37 inches in men or 90cm/35 inches in South Asian men).
- You’re from an African-Caribbean, Black African, Chinese or South Asian background and over 25.
- You’re from another ethnic background and over 40.
- You have a parent, brother or sister with diabetes.
- You have ever had high blood pressure, a heart attack or a stroke.
- You have a history of polycystic ovaries, gestational diabetes or have given birth to a baby over 10 pounds/4.5kg.
- You suffer from schizophrenia, bipolar illness or depression, or you are taking anti-psychotic medication.
BEMC Health Program – At Risk Of Diabetes
Your Diabetes Management Program will be delivered locally under the direct supervision of experts working in the National Health Service (NHS) the UK. All our plans have been adopted from National Institute of Excellence (NICE) UK and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
Comprehensive 51 Point Diabetes Assessment
- Full Systems Examination
- Complete Cardiovascular Examination
- Respiratory System Examination
- Peripheral Vascular System Examination
- Peripheral Nervous System Examination
- Eyes Examination
- Genitourinary Systems Examination
- Risk Calculations
- BMI Calculations
- Viseral Fat Calculation
- Heart attack and Stroke risk Calculations
- Frailty and Falls risk calculations
- Blood Parameters
- FBC, UE, CRP, LFTs Lipid Profile, ACR, Bone Profile, HBA1C
- Psychological Assessment
- Clinical Activation Levels
- Psychological Assessments
- Psychosexual Assessments
- Diabetic Complications
- Detailed assessment of all the complications associated with Diabetes
Comprehensive Management – At Risk Of Diabetes
- Diet Plan
- Physical Activity Plan
- Management of Complications
- Risk Reduction Activities
Note: Please visit our clinic for full details of the Assessment and Management program